In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.
The shape of escutcheon is a standing form. Green field with a blue ribbon in the middle as a symbol of Tarna which flows through the municipality.
In the middle of the left green field there's a gold oak leaf as a symbol of the Matra.
In the middle of the right green field there are two gold knapping hammer, the symbol of ore and stone mining.
The green field is the symbol of the forest.
The municipality has a normal-size flag (90 x 180 cm) with the arms in the middle. The flag is golden yellow.
The municipality is situated in the Tarna valley on the north side of Matra Mountains.
It is a place easy of acces in highway and railway too.
The settlement was mentioned in the 16 th century according to the first manuscripts.
Later the Recsky family took possession of the village.
In the second half of the 15 th century the Turks generally plundered the area and the municipality people were shrunken. The resettle was related to the Orczy's.
One and a half century after it, at the very beginning of the 20 th century a lot of people tried to find their living in the New World.
The First and the Second World War gave the people trouble too.
Recsk became well-known of its metal mining From the 1840s they began the mining of gold and copper. The deep-stage research work was begun in 1961. At the beginning of the 80s the work had to stop because the financial resources run out. And nowdays the exploitation of the mine is interrupted.
But the treasures of the ground and the material remains of minig were collected.
We'd like to show the exhibition for the inquirers. It would be in the centre of the village at the so called Bányász Művelődési Ház (Mining Cultural Centre).
As we are coming from Parád on the two sides of the road there's the famous hundred years old horse-chestnut-tree row.
Its plantation was done long ago on the Károlyi estate. The original row lasted from Recsk to Parádsasvár.
The trees had become old and they made a plan for their saving and replanting.
Bound for Szajla a few hundred meters far from the village there's a beautiful Lake named Búzás-völgyi tó. It's a very popular place for everybody. Almost all kinds of fish can be found in the lake which is 50 hectare.
You can fish with a public permittion or day-wage. The road is 8 km-s long round the lake. 2 km-s of it is bituminized but you can go round by vehicles or on foot too.
In the municipality centre we can find a little peasant house which is the product of local handicraft and operating as a museum.
All products and instruments of the old-ages time can be found and looked here.
There's a workshop too (named Hevesi Háziipari Szövetkezet). Everybody can buy souvenirs inconnection with the "Paloc" folk-art.
The village-name Recsk gave everyone a painfull feeling in the second half of the 20 th century.
In 1950 the Hungarian State Security Authorities founded a forced-labour camp among the hills of the Mátra, a few km-s far from the municipality.
The prisoners came from all over Hungary from every social level. They came here without any court hearing and had to build the camp and work 12 or 14 hours a day. There were 1300 prisoners altogether. A lot of people died under these inhuman circumstances.
The survivors had to engaged and signed not to tell anybody a word about the camp It was in 1953. When they became free the political controlling denied that is has been.
The survivors founded the Recski Szövetség (Recsk Union) in 1998. They decided to set up a statue of their predeceased prison-mates.
The monument was finished and deducated in 1991. by the late Prime Minister, Mr. Joseph Antall.
After it the Memorial Park was established. They rebuilt the roads and barracks as it was operated in those days and gathered the relics together.
The Memorial Park was inaugurated by the President of the Republic, Mr. Arpad Göncz in 1996.
The Park is 6 km-s far from the village indicated by boards and can be visited during the whole year.