In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.
(The County of Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok)
The coat of arms of the community is a historic symbol that appeared first in 1862 and was restored by the local government in 1991.
In the silver field of the round shield there are two gold-coloured ears of wheat crossing each other. On the shield there is a helmet turned right above which a crane holding a stone with its foot can be seen.
The main colour of the helmet holder bending over the shield is blue on both sides, supplemented with silver and gold.
The history of Kenderes community may be traceable till the era when Hungarians conquered the Carpathian basin more than 1100 years ago although it is mentioned first in 1352.
Besides the ABA clan there were other nationalities living in this surrounding who were later merged with Hungarians.
From the second half of the 17th century Kenderes became an inhabited settlement by the members of the lower nobility and it got wedged in the settlements of the region called "Nagykunság". From the middle of the 18th century the owners of the community were the Hodosy and Borbély families while from the middle of the 19th century the Horthy and Magyary-Kossa families. (The crypts of these last two families are in the graveyard of the community.)
Kenderes became nation-wide known in the 20th century as a property of Horthy Miklós, the then governor of Hungary. The castle, the post office, the railway station and the parish hall was built during the ownership of the Horthy family.
The horse-chestnut avenue with its purple and white flowers on the "Szent István" street was also planted at this time. Its flowers offer a delightful view during springtime.
The architectural values of the community are the Catholic and Calvinist churches and two old houses with the characteristic pattern of sun and moon on their facade. They cherish the memory of an old world with their characteristics and they arouse the interest of people even today. The most significant buildings of the Community are the folloving:
1. Calvinist Church
2. War Memorial
3. The front side of the Horthy Castle
4. Village Hall
5. Catholic Church
6. An old house