National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat of Arms of the Village of Jászkisér [¤]
Click to zoom

Jászkisér

(Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok Coumty)

In shield azure a vambraced arm, holding a sword. Below this charge Lehel’s horn is hanging on a rope, a motif, which is accompanied by a six-pointed star on the sinister and the charge of the waning moon on the dexter side. Above the shield a five-pointed crown. Shield is enframed by stylised floral ornaments.

The motives of the waning moon and the six-pointed star are references to the oriental origin of the settlement’s inhabitants. Lehel’s horn is a Jazygian symbol and it refers to the unity of all the people of Jazygian origin. The other ornaments of the shield are to symbolise the wealth and the significance of the settlement. The blue colour of the shield as well as the charges of the moon and the star are to recall the Cumanian origin of the village.

Jászkisér is a large village with 6200 inhabitants in the eastern part of Jászság. It was named after the brook Kis-ér which flowed sometime in the eastern part of the settlement. The first written memorandum – the estate-sharing charter of the Madarasi family in 1391 – mentions „Kysír” as a village. Its ornamental shield referes to the past richness of the settlement, to the eastern origin, to the fightful past, to the unity of Jászság and to the Cumanian origin. Because of the nearness of Tisza river its boarder was for centuries hard passable moorland, which protected it several times from destruction at wartime. On the fruitful river meadow tobacco was grown for centuries. Kisér has the second biggest acreage in Jászság.

The rich historical and cultural past, the diligance of the old inhabitants has an effect on the present generation as well.

In the village live today two denominations. The old reformed church was built in 1657, it was destroyed by the overflows of Tisza. The injured building was rebuilt in 1758 in late-baroque style, its tower was bult in 1770. The old catholic church was finished in 1773, but it was pulled down in 1905, to give more place for the congregation with the building-up of a new church. The new neoroman, neogothic church was ready in 1906.

The institutions of culture: the Community Centre designed by Imre Makovecz attracts with its rich programms lots of visitors, the „Csete Balázs” Historical Collection is with its nationwide recognized objective and written material popular destination of rural tourism. The Library of the Large Village waits for the visitors with a collection consisting almost 32 thousend documents, with Hungary Point and with many programmes. The Telehouse has also wide services, the local newspaper is compiled and published here.

The sparkling cultural life of the settlement is also helped by the effective working 30 civil organisations. More of them – „Csete Balázs” Commend of Country Study Group, „Pendzsom” Folk-Dance Group, Friendly Association of Foreign Relations and Voluntary Firemen’s Association – are known abroad. In Hungary the „Kis-ér” Gardenfriend Circle, the Educator Women’s Choir and the Jászkisér Friendly Association do the most for the familiarization of their settlement.

The visitors can see the beautifully renovated village hall, outside of the new building of the „Csete Balázs” Elementary School, the pool, tarnished, renovated schoolbuildings, kindergartens, beautiful parks, a growing, developing village. The most valuable statue is the statue of St Vendel which was made in 1775 by Ede Telcs, it is relating to the World War I., was inaugurated in 1930. The Rákóczi statue was inaugurated in 2003, it is the present of the Jászkisér Friendly Association to Lajos Kossuth who they wanted to be the representative of the settlement, a tablet was devoted to him. On the wall of the village hall was perpetuated the 600. anniversary also on a tablet.

Returning programmes are: Children’s Day, Village Day, Heros’ Day, International Pendzsom Folkfestival, Regional Cup Final of the Nationwide Ploughing Competition and the demonstration of „From Father to Son” Children’s Game. These occasions are experience for rural and emigrated people, but they also encourage the inhabitants to hold together.

The development of the rural tourism also makes an advance with the development of Fishponds Ltd. Of Jászkisér and with in all season usable pool and sauna of Bánya Club.

We have twin-city relationship with Ó-Moravica in Bácska, Niederlenz in Switzerland and Szczyrk in Poland.

All welcome on our celebrations and weekdays!

Das Wappen Der Großgemeinde Jászkisér

(Komitat Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok)

Jászkisér ist eine Großgemeinde im östlichen Teil von Jászság, hat 6200 Einwohner. Sie wurde nach dem ehemaligen Fluss Kis-ér benannt, der in dem östlichen Teil der Siedlung floss. Die erste schriftliche Quelle – die Besitzverteilungsurkunde der Familie Madarasi in 1931 – erwähnt „Kysír” als Dorf. Das prunkvolle Wappen verweist auf den ehemaligen Reichtum der Siedlung, auf die östliche Herkunft, auf die kampfvolle Vergangenheit, auf die Einheit von Jászság und auf die kumanische Herkunft. Wegen der Nähe der Theiß war ihre Grenze jahrhundertelang schwer gangbares, morastiges Gebiet, das in den Stürmen der Geschichte mehrmals vor dem Untergang schützte. Auf dem fruchtbaren Überschwemmungsgebiet der Theiß baute man Tabak jahrhundertelang in bedeutendern Maße an. Kisér ist die über das zweite größte Gebiet vefügende Siedlung in Jászság.

Die reiche geschichtliche und kulturelle Vergangenheit der Siedlung und die Fleißigkeit der ehemaligen Einwohner haben eine gute Wirkung auch auf das heutige Geschlecht. Im Dorf leben zwei Kofessionen. Die alte reformierte Kirche wurde im Jahre 1657 gebaut, die durch die Überschwemmungen der Theiß unbrauchbar gemacht wurde. Das beschädigte Gebäude wurde im Jahre 1758 im Barockstil neugebaut, sein Turm wurde im Jahre 1770 gebaut. Die alte katholische Kirche wurde im Jahre 1773 fertiggemacht, aber sie wurde im Jahre 1905 abgebaut, damit der Bau einer neuen Kirche genügenden Platz der angewachsenen Gemeinde sichert. Das neue neoroman-neogotische Gebäude wurde im Jahre 1906 fertiggemacht.

Die Institute der Kultur, das Gebäude der Kultur geplant von Imre Makovecz zieht mit seinem reichen Programmangebot Menge von Besucher an, die „Csete Balázs” Ortgeschichtliche Sammlung ist mit ihrem auch staatlich anerkannten gegenständlichen und schriftlichen Material beliebte Zielpunkt des Landtourismus. Die Bibliothek der Großgemeinde wartet die Besucher mit beinahe aus 32 tausend Dokumenten bestehender Sammlung, mit Ungarn Punkt, und mit zahlreichen Verantstaltungen. Das Telehaus wartet die Bewölkerung auch mit witreichenden Leistungen, wo die Redaktion und Ausgabe der lokalen Zeitung gescheht.

Die wirksam arbeitenden 30 Zivilorganisationen helfen auch das brausende kulturelle Leben der Siedlung. Mehrere davon – „Csete Balázs” Landkenntnis Fachzirkel, „Pendzsom” Volkstanzgruppe, Freundschaftsverein der Außenverbindungen und der Verein der Freiwilligen Feuerwehrleute – sind auch im Ausland berühmt. In Ungarn tut der „Kis-ér” Gartenfreund Kreis, der Pädagoginchor und der Jászkisérer Freundschaftsverein am meisten, unsere Siedlung bekannt zu machen. Die Besucher der Großgemeinde können das schön erneuerte Gemeindehaus, außer dem neuen Gebäude der Grundschule „Csete Balázs” das Lehrbecken, erneuernde geschmückte Schulgebäuden, Kindergarten, schöne gepflegte öffentliche Plätze, entwickelndes Dorf sehen. Von den Statuen ist die St. Vendel Statue am wertvollsten. Das Weltkriegsdenkmal wurde im Jahre 1930 gewiht und ist das Werk von Ede Telcs. Die im Jahre 2003 übergebene Rákóczi Statue ist das Geschenk der Freundschaftskreis zu Lajos Kossuth – den die Einwohner zum Abgeordnete der Siedlung wollten – weihten die Leute in Jászkisér ein Denkschild. An der Wand des Gemeindehauses wurde die 600-jahrige Jahresfeier auch an Denkschild verewigt.

Wiederholende Verantstaltungen sind: Tag der Kinder, Dorftag, Tag der Helden, Internationale Pendzsom Volkfestival, die Regionale Schlussrunde des Ackerbestellungswettbewerbs und die Vorführung der Volkskinderspiele „vom Vater nach Sohn”. Diese Gelegenheite sind Erlebnisse für die Landbevölkerung und für die weggezogene Besucher, aber veranlasst auch die lokale Gemeinschaft zusammenzuschließen.

Auch der Landourismus entwickelt sich mit der Entwicklung der Jászkisérer Fischteiche GmbH und mit dem Thermalbecken und Sauna des Bánya Klus, die in aller Jahreszeit nutzbar sind.

Unsere Stadt ist Bruderstadt mit Bácskaer Ó-Moravica, mit schweizerische Niederlenz und mit polische Szczyrk.

Wir laden alle Besucher zu unseren Festen und Alltage herzlich ein!