National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Municipality of Halásztelek [¤]
Click to zoom

Halásztelek

(County Pest)

Our coat-of-arms is a shield erect party per bend sinister, the base curved to a point. The sinister field is barry of seven gules and argent (called Arpadian band). This field evokes bygone days and the mediaeval village, in memory of which our settlement acquired its name.

In addition, the field expresses that we belong to the Hungarian nation, since the Arpadian band is also borne in Hungary's national coat-of-arms.

In the dexter field azure King St László's herm or is borne, referring to the cult of St László.

People have been living in this area since the late Stone Age as proven by finds unearthed from the soft and sandy banks of the River Danube. Later this settlement became part of the northern province of the Roman Empire, to be found in today's Central Europe.

After the Magyar Conquest the first authentic source to mention the village and its people was a royal charter of 1270 by King András III. According to this document the so called thukuli people inhabited this land, hence the name of the village Tököl.

Two hundred years ago a small village on the Csepel Island in the Danube got destroyed by a devastating flood. According to archival evidence that village was called Halásztelek. After the flood the depopulated area became a manor and belonged to Tököl.

In 1920 the fields were re-allotted and with the capital, Budapest in the vicinity and with new job opportunities arising, the settlement attracted a lot of people here from all over the country. At that time there were twenty so-called market gardeners in the village building their own greenhouses and growing fruits and vegetables in them. The years of the second world war did not pass without suffering and destruction.

In 1941 the construction of the Duna (Danube) aeroplane factory was begun and an airfield was also established next to it.

The production of cog-wheels was introduced in 1942 and the workshops and the machinery of the Manfred Weiss Works of Csepel were also relocated here when the bombing of Budapest started.

From March 1, 1950 onwards Halásztelek has legally been an independent settlement; its official name was acquired on May 23, 1951. The electrification of the village was completed by 1963 while the construction of the local water mains came to an end in 1966. From 1968 onwards the individual homes at Halásztelek could have their own running water. The local gas distribution system was brought about in 1991, while the extension as well as the modernisation of the sewerage took place in 1996.

There are two educational institutions at Halásztelek, operating independently of one another.

The primary school, the kindergarten, the library, the distance learning centre, a private school, a music school and an amateur group all operate within the framework of the cultural centre. In the summer the cultural centre features an open-air swimming pool and a children's bath as well.

The more than 20-year old local secondary school is specialised in gardening and it trains skilled workers in this field.. It meets the demand for this specialisation of the whole County of Pest and can boast well-equipped specialised classrooms, dormitory and a laboratory garden of its own.

The statue on the cover page of the map is a copy of the original relics-holding herm. By the decision of the body of representatives the park in front of the mayor's office was named after King St László on the 800th anniversary of his canonisation.

Pictures :

1. Technical and Skilled Worker Training School for Horticulture

2. Community Centre

Der Wappenschield Halásztelek

(Komitat Pest)

Nach dem aus dem Sand des Donauufers stammenden Funden wohnten schon im späten Steinzeitalter Menschen auf dem Gebiet von Halásztelek. Später gehörte dieses Gebiet zum nördlichen Teil des Römischen Reiches in Mitteleuropa.

Die erste authentische Quelle über das hier ansässige Volk ist die königliche Urkunde aus dem Jahr 1270, nachdem die Ungarn das Land erobert haben. Darin wird das Volk von "Thukuli" erwähnt, von dem der heutige Ortsname "Tököl" herrührt.

Vor 200 Jahren wurde ein kleines Dorf auf der Csepel-Insel durch das Hochwasser der Donau vernichtet. Dieses Dorf hieß nach den Angaben des Archivs Halásztelek. Nachher gehörte dieses Gebiet unter der Bezeichnung "Puszta" oder "Gehöft" zu Tököl.

1920 wurde das Gebiet in Parzellen aufgeteilt. Die Nähe der Hauptstadt, die Arbeitsmöglichkeit hat die Leute aus allen Teilen des Landes hierher gelockt. Damals lebten auch noch 20 sogenannte bulgarische Gärtnerfamilien in der Siedlung, die Gemüse- und Obstbau betrieben. Der zweite Weltkrieg hat schwere Spuren hinterlassen.

1941 hat man mit dem Bau der Flugzeugfabrik und des dazu gehörenden Flugplatzes begonnen.

1942 wurde die Zahnradfabrik gegründet. Wegen möglicher Bombenangriffe wurde die gefährdte Manfred Weiß Fabrik in Csepel hierher umgesiedelt.

Vom 1.3.1950 an ist Halásztelek eine rechtlich selbständige Gemeinde, die diesen Namen offiziell am 23.5.1951 bekam. Bis 1963 erfolgte die Elektrifizierung, bis 1966 der Ausbau des Wasserleitungsnetzes. Der Anschluß der Haushalte ans Wasserleitungsnetz wurde 1968 möglich. Di Gasleitung wurde 1991 fertig, die Erweiterung und Modernisierung der Kanalisation soll bis 1966 vollendet sein.

In der Gemeinde gibt es zwei Unterrichtsinstitutionen:

- Das Allgemeine Kulturzentrum beherbergt Kindergarten, Grundschule, Abendgymnasium, eine Privatschule, Musikschule und eine Kulturgruppe. Während der Sommerzeit stehen Schwimm- und Planschbecken dieser Institution unseren Gästen zur Verfügung.

- Die Berufs- und Fachmittelschule für Gartenbau blickt auf eine Vergangenheit von mehr als 20 Jahren zurück. Mit ihren modernen Unterrichtsräumen, ihrem Studentenheim und Lehrgarten dient diese Schule den fachlichen Ausbildungsbedürfnissen der Jugendlichen der Umgebung (Komitat Pest).

Die Skulptur auf der ersten Seite ist eine originaltreue Kunstkopie von einem Reliquiar.

Den Park vor dem Bürgermeisteramt wurde die Gemeindeverwaltung in der jüngsten Vergangenheit nach König St. Ladislaus benannt.