National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Erdőkertes
Click to zoom

Erdőkertes

(Pest County)

Description of the Coat-of-Arms:

The coat of arms of the village of Erdőkertes is a shield party per pale base curved to a point. In sinister field vert a church or is borne, in dexter field argent a tree with brown trunk is borne with five apples or in the dexter side of its drip-shaped shroud vert symbolizing the woods and fruit-trees at the same time.

The symbolism of the tinctures of the coat of arms:

Argent/white: The metal argent symbolizes victory, perfection and witness, expression of water and springs. The white colour is the symbol of purity and virtue.

Vert: Symbol of hope, hope of immortality, and happiness, expression of resurrection, the constant resurrection of life.

Slant: Expression of solemnity, pride and honor.

Erdőkertes lies in Pest county 30 kilometres from Budapest, in the North-western section of the Gödöllői Hills. Its area is 5.8 square kilometres and its population is 6200. Its charming beauty, the closeness of nature and the clear air attracts more and more weekenders every year. Compared to the surrounding settlements (Őrbottyán, Veresegyház, Szada) Erdőkertes is the youngest.

Until the 1st of July 1956 Erdőkertes belonged to Veresegyház, which's name first recorded in 1375 but then it appears as Ivacs, Ivacspuszta. Previous excavations showed that it existed long before Christ. In contrast, the history of Erdőkertes only began at the beginning of the 20th century.

The first settler was a bourgeois from Budapest called Róheim Samu who in a little while cut most of the forests out and planted its area with grape wine. The good yellow clay gave an opportunity to build a brick factory, which produced high quality bricks, which from modern wine cellars and the houses of the dependants were built. The closeness of the more and more industrialised capital and the possibility of working attracted more dwellers. The environment with its forests to give wood and planes to be used as pasture land was suitable to make a living. While in 1910 the number of dwellers was only 20, these figures raised to 400-500 until 1918, which meant 70-80 families. In 1910 the local commission of development was founded with Medve János, the owner of a little restaurant as a chairman. In 1916 the commitment made an application for the establishment of a railway station on the line between Rákospalota-Újpest and Vác. After the community built it, the authorities legalised it, and in 1918 the trains stopped in the new station called Kőhídkertek. In the same year on the 10th of October the commercial department allowed the settlement to be named Erdőváros.

Die Vorstellung von Erdőkertes

Erdőkertes liegt 30 km entfernt nordwestlich von Budapest, im Komitat Pest. Es ist eine Siedlung - der höchste Punkt des Gödöllőer Waldes - mit mehr als 6000 Einwohnern. Wegen ihrer wunderschönen Panorama, reinen Luft wächst die Zahl der Sommergäste von Jahr zu Jahr. Im Vergleich zu den Nachbardörfern (Vácegres, Őrbottyán, Veresegyház und Szada) ist Erdőkertes das jüngste.

Begrüssung

Ich begrüsse Sie herzlich, unsere Gemeinschaft ist jung, sie begann in den 10-er Jahren des XX.-ten Jhs. bevölkert zu werden, und sie ist erst seit 1956 eine selbständige Verwaltungseinheit. Als Gemeinschaft brachte sie aber schon in den vergangenen Jahrzehnten Dauerhaftes zustande.

Die Siedlung ist ein beliebtes Ziel der Touristen, wegen ihrer schönen Umgebung, ihres Angelsees und ihrer reinen Luft. Unsere Gäste, die uns um Sport zu treiben, um die Gesundheit aufzubewahren und um zu angeln besuchen, hält die Gastfreundschaft der Erdőkerteser Leute zurück und erwartet sie als Freunde wieder.

Ich verabschiede mich in der Hoffnung, Sie und Ihre Familie baldigst in Erdőkertes begrüssen zu können, damit Sie auch persönlich erleben, wie unsere Alltage vergehen und was uns zu glücklichen Menschen macht.

Wir erwarten Sie herzlich:

im Namen der Einwohner von Erdőkertes

László Pásztor

Bürgermeister

Die Geschichte der Gemeinde

Erdőkertes gehörte bis 29. Juli 1956 verwaltlich zu Veresegyház (die Gemeinde ist 2000), die über eine geschichtliche Vergangenheit verfügt. Der Name Veresegyház tauchte zuerst 1375 in einer Urkunde als 'Ivacs', 'Ivacspuszta' auf. Frühere Funden lassen entziehen, dass es schon lange vor unserer Zeit existierte. Im Gegensatz damit begann die Geschichte von Erdőkertes erst um die Jahrhundertwende.

Der erste Einsiedler war der Grosskapitalist Samu Róheim aus Budapest. Er pflanzte auf das Gebiet der ausgerodeten Wälder Weintraube an.

1906-08 wurde die Ziegelfabrik gebaut, und auch verschiedene Häuser aus diesem Ziegel. Die Familie Róheim parzellierte und verkaufte dann einen Teil ihrer Gebiete und die Zahl der Einwohner stieg in nur 8 Jahren (1910-1918) von 20 auf 450-500 Personen. Die billigen Grundstücke und die guten Arbeitsmöglichkeiten zogen die Leute vom Lande in die Nähe von Budapest.

Anfang der zehner Jahre gründete man hier das Entwicklungskomitee. Es bat in einer Angabe am 18. Februar 1916 die Errichtung der Eisenbahnhaltestelle der Linie Rákospalota - Vác (aus 1911). Die Einwohner bauten die Haltestelle in freiwilliger Arbeit. Die höchste Verwaltungen, als sie die Ernste der Sache gesehen haben, gaben die Genehmigung dazu. Am 26. März 1918 hielt schon der Zug auch an dieser haltestelle, die den Namen 'Kőhidikertek' (Steinbrückengarten) bekam.

Noch in diesem Jahr sagte das Handelsministerium zu, dass die Gemeinde den Namen 'Erdőváros' (Waldstadt) aufnehmen kann, wie sie zuerst Samu Róheim genannt hatte.