National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat of Arms of Előszállás Village [¤]
Click to zoom

Village

(Fejér County)

The coat of arms is oval, framed by a scroll, tierced per fess and party per pale or. It bears: chief: dexter, three reeds; in pale a chalice surmounted in the scroll by a star; sinister, a vine stock; fess: dexter, the coat of arms of the Cistercian Order; sinister, a crane in its vigilance, all sable. The scroll bears the motto PREIDIUM ELŐSZÁLLÁS above a wreath of wheat ears to the dexter and a wreath of vine stalks to the sinister, all sable. Under the coat of arms on a horizontal concave scroll the motto ELŐSZÁLLÁS NAGYKÖZSÉG sable.

Előszállás: A village in the southeast ending of the county.

Its territory belonged to the Cumanian captaincy of Fejér County from the 14th century. Szállás (quarters) refers to this in the name of the village. In the 17th century southern Slavic inhabitants settled down here but it became a puszta from the end of the century and it was only in 1927 that the village was reorganized on the territory of the domain. The settlement was a prospering centre of the domain of the Cistercian order in Fejér County until 1945. The buildings of the two monuments of the village, that of the Roman Catholic church and the onetime convent are related to the order.

Der Wappenschild des Dorfes Előszállás

(Die Komitat von Fejér

Diese Großgemeinde liegt am südöstlichen Rand des Komitats. Seit dem 14. Jhdt. gehörte diese Gegend des Komitats der Kumanischen Garnizone an, was auch aus dem Ortsnamen zu schließen ist (szállás - Quartier, Herberge). Im 17. Jhdt. machten sich hier Südslaven sesshaft, aber bis zum Ende des gleichen Jahrhundert wird der Ort von den Türken völlig zerstört. Erst 1927 beginnt eine Neuansiedlung, auf dem Gebiet des Grundbesitzes. Bis 1945 ist Előszállás das blühende Zentrum eines entwickeiten Grundbesitzes des Zisterzenserordens aus dem Komitat Weissenburg. Eben an dieses Ordensleben deuten die zwei kunsthistorischen Denkmäler der Gemeinde: die barokke katholische Kirche und das einstige Ordenshaus.