In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.
(The County of Baranya)
The self-esteem of a creative community of a settlement will sooner or later require that their essential character be formulated for the benefit of their own, as well as of the social environment surrounding them. It is the symbols peculiar to a given settlement that can best describe this self-awareness rooted in the historical past. Such is the case with Egyházasharaszti.
Shield azure, erect, tierced en pairle with ribbons or, the base curved to a point. In chief a wolf's head at a slant, argent, erased, holding between its teeth a perch contourné. In dexter on a field vert three mediaeval churches argent borne bendwise, with buttress-heads and spires gules, the middle one surmounted by a cross, the lower and upper by a nativity star each, all or. In sinister on a field vert a robust robur leaved vert, the bark proper pierced with three arrows borne reversed, shafted gules and barbed argent.
Across the wavy top a helmet proper, adorned with rivets and a closed visor all or, borne affronté, crested with a triple-verdured crown or, ornamented between the verdures with two pearls, on the verdures and the headband with rubies.
Mantling: both dexter and sinister vert, lined or.
This coat-of-arms recalls a history rooted in the ancient past, thus it belongs to the category of canting arms. It refers to an important military road (magna via in Latin), first mentioned in the documents in 1294, which used to cross the land, and along which were situated three villages: Haraszti and Süllöd, both already having a church of their own, as well as Baski, meaning 'leading wolf' (1318). In the language of symbols, the wolf and the perch in the chief represent two of these settlements (Süllöd meaning approx. perch), the area of which has by now been incorporated in the present-day village; the ribbon tiercing the shield en pairle shows the 'great road', the trinity of the churches symbolises the amalgamation of the three settlements, the oak is reminiscent of the one-time waters covering the area, while the arrows piercing the trunk refer to the fact that the land used to belong to lesser nobles, as well as to the trials and tribulations of the population during the stormy centuries. The helmet pays tribute to those locals who fell victim to the two world wars, while the green and golden colours of the mantling symbolise the fertility and wealth of the motherland cultivated by her hard-working people.