National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Ecseg
Click to zoom

Ecseg

(Nógrád County)

Shield erect and argent, its base is rounded. On a triple mound vert a cross is borne and a vinestock with two bunches of grapes is climbing up the cross. At the pedestal of the cross a ploughshare is borne or. Shield is contoured vert.

The village is situated in the East-Cserhát, bordering to the north with a semicircle of hills. The horizon is dominated by the rages of the Bézma (514m), Közép-hegy (413m), Magas-hegy (392m) and the Brokri-hegy (389m). To the south the height of the hills decreases, the valley of the stream expands. The Szuha stream running from the north takes in itself the Cserkut stream among the hills, then dividing the village into two runs on towards Csécse. The village is situated at a road junction at a height of 160-200m above the sea level.

From prehistoric times on there settled down several peoples in the area. The first written document dates back to 1238, when Béla IV enforced the here residing St. John order of knighthood in their property rights. The fortress of Ecseg was built and first owned by János Csák. During the Hussite fights of the 15th century it was completely destroyed and thus lost its role. The volcanic soiled slopes Of the Magas-hegy and Bézma produced excellent grape. The row of cellars cut into the sandstone on Boros road keep the memory of viniculture. On the upper, steeper part of the Szuha stream water millers used to make their living. In the 17th-18th centuries the most powerful landowners of the village were the Forgách family. The first parish-church was built in 1617. Several times in the 17th century it also used to be an episcopal vicary. In the 17th century a church was erected over the medicinal spring at the edge of the village. At the time the so called Szentkút (saint well) was a pilgrimage place. In 1810 the episcopacy of Vác raised Ecseg to the rank of deanship. The cholera epidemic of 1873 and 1880 decreased the population by the one third of its original number. At present the village has a population of 1280, which is permanently decreasing. From a religious point of view the population is homogeneous,mainly roman catholic. The northern and western parts of the village belong to the East-Cserhát Nature Reserve. Its fauna is rich especially that of insects and birds.

There can be found two rural hostels with accomodation for 7 and 8 in the centre of the village.

Das Wappen von Ecseg

(Komitat Nógrád)

Das Dorf befindet sich im Ost-Cserhát. Es ist im Halbkreis im Norden von Bergen umgeben. Vom Osten nach Süden beherrschen der Bézma (514m), Közép-Berg (413m), Magas-Berg (392m) und der BrokiBerg den Horizont.

In Richtung Süden sind die Hügel und die Erhöhungen kleiner, das Bachtal wird breiter. In den aus Richtung Norden fließen dem Bach Szuha fließt der Bach Cserkuti noch in den Bergen, dann teilt er das Dorf in zwei Teile, und fließt in Richtung Csécse weiter. Die Höhe über dem Meeresspiegel des inneren Gebietes der Gemeinde ändert sich zwischen 160-200m. Es ist an einer Abzweigung gebaute Siedlung.

In der Siedlung und in ihrer Umgebung siedelten sich seit dem Beginn der Urzeit mehrere Volksgruppen an. Die erste schriftliche Angabe stammt aus dem Jahre 1238, als Béla 4. die Mitglieder des Sankt Johann Ritterordens in ihren Besitzen in Ungarn bekräftigte. Der erste Besitzer und Erbauer der Burg Ecseg war János Csák. In den Hussiten Kriegen wurde sie vollkommen zerstört, sie hat ihre Bedeutung verloren. An den Hängen mit vulkanischem Boden, die sich auf den Bézma erheben, hat man Weintrauben in ausgezeichneter Qualität angebaut. Das Andenken der Weintrauben- und Weinproduktion bewahrt die Kellerreihe, die in der Boros Straße in Sandstein ausgewölbt wurde. Der durch das Dorf fließende Bach Szuha hat in seinen höheren Strecken mit größerer Neigung den Wassermüllern den Unterhalt gesichert. Der größte Besitzer des Dorfes war die Familie Forgách im 17-18. Jahrhundert. Das erste Pfarrhaus wurde 1607 gebaut. Im 17. Jahrhundert war Ecseg mehrmals der Sitz eines Bischofsamtes. In der zweiten Hälfte des 17. Jahrhunderts hat man eine Kirche über die Heilquelle, die am Stadtrand entsprang, eine Kirche errichtet. Dann war der sogenannte Heiligebrunnen für Jahrzehnte lang ein Pilgerort. 1810 hat der Bischof von Vác das Dorf Ecseg zu dem Kreis eines Dechantes gemacht. Die Choleraepidemie hat die Anzahl der Bevölkerung in den Jahren 1873 und 1880 um ein Drittel vermindert.

Die Anzahl der Bevölkerung beträgt zur Zeit 1280 Personen, die sich ständig vermindert. Was den Glauben betrifft, ist die Bevölkerung homogen, hauptsächlich römisch-katholisch. Das nördliche und westliche Gebiet des Dorfes gehört zu der Ost-Cserhát Naturschutz Region, die im Jahre 1989 zustande gekommen ist. Seine Tierwelt ist reich besonders in Hinsicht auf Insekten- und Vögelarten.

Im Dorf gibt es zwei Unterkunftsmöglichkeiten für die Touristen. Die zwei Häuser aus Stein stehen im Dorfzentrum. Sie verfügen über 7, beziehungsweise 8 Plätze.