National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Ebergőc
Click to zoom

Ebergőc

(Győr-Moson-Sopron county)

Description of the arms of Ebergőc

1. The shape of the arms of Ebergőc was determined by its body of representatives based on pictures on historical stamps.

2. In the middle of the coat of arms there is the church of Ebergőc. It is cut by a silver stripe in the middle representing the stream Ikva. In the top right part there are 3 golden ears of wheat, on the left there are 3 maces. The bottom part is green, the upper one is light-blue. The ears of wheat, the maces and the church are depicted in their natural colours. Above the coat of arms there is a prince's crown decorated with blue and red gems, below there is the name Ebergőc.

There is a slip-road going from Röjtökmuzsaj towards Pinnye and Sopron parallel with the streets of Ebergőc. Some findings from the bronze age were discovered here in 1924. The land of Ebergőc could perhaps bear witness to this period. The earliest written evidence of the village dates back to 1343. It had been owned by the family Ebergőczi until King Nagy Lajos took away from them because of disloyalty and gave it to the family Kanizsay. Then the village served the family Ebergőczi again, until the family died out. In 1686 the family Széchenyi bought some land here, they owned the village together with the family Viczay. 19 local residents' lives were sacrificed in the first world war, 18 in the second. Between the two wars 2-3 families owned 25 acres in Ebergőc, while 4 other families were farming on 21 acres. The rest had less property than these.

The biggest landowner in the area is the family Solymossy. 20 families of servants lived in their manor (called Kislózsmajor). Except for the years of the world economic crisis, in this period the people in Ebergőc made a good living - most of them from cultivation. This is the time when they had their own smith, wheel-wright, shoemaker and bricklayer craftsmen. There were two inns and two groceries in the village. In 1945 one of the units of the Soviet army passed through Ebergőc. In 1946 the local landowners joined the smallholders' party. The constraint of delivering their surplus to the state wore the residents out very much in the 50s.

The village was first re-built after being burnt down in the 20s. Its second reconstruction took place in the 60s. Between 1960 amd 1990 the village didn't improve, the young moved to the nearest towns and bigger villages. In the 60s mortuary was built and the parish hall was reconstructed so that it could also serve as a cultural centre, a youth club and a surgery. Its school was closed when education was zoned in the country. There is one shop and an inn in Ebergőc. Since 1990 the village has been developing considerably. Foreigners are buying real estates, the population has stopped decreasing, the settlement of the young is supported by the local authority.

Its 104 m2 church was named after St. Imre. Its Romanesque sanctuary is of the 13. century, its Baroque nave and tower are of the 18. century. Opposite the church the water of an artesian well is flowing. There are 150 people living in Ebergőc.

Das Wappen von Ebergőc

(Győr-Moson-Sopron)

Die Form des Wappen von Ebergőc hat der Gemeinderat nach dem Bild der historischen Siegeln gebildet.

In der Mitte des Wappenschildes kann man die Kirche von Ebergőc sehen. Das Wappen wurde von einem silbernen Schnitt in zwei Teile geteilt. Dieser Schnitt symbolisiert den Ikva Bach. Auf der rechten Seite des Wappenschildes sind drei goldene Weizenähren zu sehen, auf der linken Seite drei Keulen.

Der Wappenteil unter dem Schnitt ist grün, der Oberteil iset hellblau. Die Weizenähre, das Schild und die Kirche erscheinen in ihren natürlichen Farben. Auf dem Wappenschild ist, eine herzogliche Krone mit blauen und roten Steinen geschmückt zu sehen.

Unter dem Wappenschild steht die Anschrift "Ebergőc".

Ertschaftgeschichte von Ebergőc

Am Weg von Röjtökmuzsaj nach Pinnye und Sopron befindet sich Ebergőc.

Das Dorf war schon in der Bronzezeit eine Siedlung. Die ersten schriftlichen Erinnerungen stammen aus dem Jahr 1343. Die Besitzer wahren die Familie Ebergőczi. Ludvig der Große hat den Besitz von ihnen wegen Untreue weggenommen und gab ihn der Familie Kanizsay. Später kam der Besitz wieder an die Familie Ebergőzi, bis die Familie ausstarb. 1686 kaufte ihn die Familie Széchenyi zusammen mit der Familie Viczay.

Im ersten Weltkrieg starben 19, im zweiten 18 Leute. Zwischen den Weltkriegen besaßen 2-3 Familien 18 Joch und 4 Familien 15 Joch Grund und Boden. Die anderen hatten viel weniger. In der Umgebung war der Großbesitzer die Familie Solymossy. In ihrem Meierhof (Kislózsmajor) lebten 20 Familien. Die meisten lebten ziemlich gut von der Landwirtschaft. Es waren im Dorf Schmied, Schuster, Fassbinder und Maurer.

Es war ein Wirtshaus und ein Lebensmittelgeschäft im Dorf.

1920 brannte das Dorf ab, aber es wurde wieder besiedelt.

Zwischen 1960-1990 entwickelte sich die Siedlung nicht.

Die jungen Leute gingen in die Städte, in größere Dörfer.

In den 60-er Jahren wurde eine Leichenhalle gebaut und das Bürgermeisteramt umgebaut. Damit gab es Platz für einen Kulturraum, einen Klub für junge Leute und eine Praxis für Arzt. Schule hat das Dorf keine.

Das Wirtshaus und das Lebensmittelgeschäft funktionieren auch heute. Ab 1990 bleibt die Bevölkerung in Ebergőc, viele Ausländer kaufen Häuser. Die jungen Leute werden vom Bürgermeisteramt unterstützt. So entwickelt sich das Dorf.

Die Kirche ist auf St. Emerich geweiht worden, sie ist 104 m2. Der Altar stammt aus dem 13 Jh. und ist in romanischem Stil gebaut. Der Kirchturm stammt aus dem 18. Jh. und ist Barock. Gegenüber der Kirche ist ein Brunnen mit Quellwasser.

Das Dorf hat 150 Einwohner.