In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.
(The county of Fejér)
Standing, triangular, (light) blue shield. The emblem placed in the shield illustrates standing golden ears of wheat tilting both right and left. In the midrange of the shield, there is a ploughshare on the right, a quill on the left, a bough of an oak-tree with two leaves and three acorns, and, in the center of the shield base, there is a beehive flanked on either side by a leaf of an oak.
A helmet facing right with its visor, is placed, in a tilted position, on the shield. A crown decorated with leaves is on the top from which a white stag springs up. Blue and yellow ribbons around the helmet and the crest form a coil in the colors of the shield, that is, the arms.
The golden ears of wheat of the emblem and the ploughshare intend to represent a developed agriculture; the bough of the oak-tree symbolizes the vast forests stretching from the perimeters of the town, sylviculture, and animal husbandry. It is presumed that the beehive is a symbol for the industriousness of the inhabitants and their wealth, while the quill stands for the locals' engagement in science, the arts, and literature.
The second major component of the arms is the helmet which belongs to the category of fighting helmets and exemplifies a number of battles, both protective and offensive, waged by Bicske's inhabitants.
The crest: the white stag leaping out of the crown of the helmet is, presumably, commemorates the hunting events that took place in the dense forests of the region.
The coil consisting of the blue and yellow ribbons coming out from under the crown decorated with leaves shows the original colors of the arms.
In addition to the above, "Bicske mezőváros pecsétye 1773" ("The seal of market-town Bicske, 1773") is also inscribed onto Bicske's crested seal. It is rarity that the language of the circular inscription of the seal is Hungarian since German and Latin were still the official languages at the beginning of the 19th century. It was the beginning of the 19th century that the Hungarian spirit of independence and national sovereignty started to revive. As a result, there were many instances in which foreign - Latin or German - legends were no longer tolerated on seals, and, instead, they applied to the highest authorities for a permission to use Hungarian inscriptions. The town authority of Székesfehérvár, the seat of Fejér county, applied for such a royal licence from Ferdinand the Fifth who authorized the town by a document dated February 6, 1845, issued in Vienna, to use Hungarian legend on its town seal. Nonetheless, the market-town of Bicske was already using a Hungarian legend in 1613, 232 years earlier, on its crested seal.
1. World War I & II Memorial
2. Petőfi Community Centre
3. The Roman Catholic church